Reading Corner

6:05:00 PM


Today was our official first day of fall at a perfect 50 degrees. I've been waiting for this day for weeks! It was the perfect day to drink hot chocolate, cuddle up in my favorite reading chair and dig into my novel of the week. Last week I read The Innocents by Francesca Segal. The plot actually reminded me a lot of the movie The Last Kiss. The story circles around a young man who is engaged to the woman he has been dating since he was 15. At the onset of their engagement, he finds himself lusting after her cousin and eventually succumbs to an affair with her. You'll have to read the book to find out how it ends, but I would only rate it 2.5 stars. There was a lot of over description of minor characters which added a distraction from the main plot instead of building up the suspense. I didn't really connect with the main character until towards the end of the book because his feelings felt juvenile. The writer actually got to the core of the main character's angst towards the end, but I was overly bored at that point. It really is just a tough read.

This weekend I started reading Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott. This is a book a found on the clearance shelf, which I love to peruse. I'll let you know next week how it turns out.



While at Barnes and Noble, I picked up a few other books that have been on my list. Check them out if you want to read along with me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook