Reading Corner: Under the Dome

1:00:00 PM


Book: Under the Dome
Author: Stephen King
Rating: 2 out of 5



It feels like it has been awhile since I last posted a book review, and it is definitely due to reading Under the Dome for the past few weeks. I'm sure most of you are aware of the TV show on CBS that is based off this book. And I will say it is loosely based on this book since from what I have seen characters timeline have changed, as well as the stream of events have adjusted. Unfortunately since I have Time Warner Cable, I no longer have CBS and haven't been able to keep up with the show. But that is another story.

On to the book. Overall, I was deeply disappointed. I really like Stephen King as an author. When reading the book highlights, I thought this was going to be a great read. I was sorely mistaken. First of all, the book is over 1,000 pages. I don't shy away from big books, but if you are going to write something that massive, it better be good. Secondly, I am not a fan of cruel male depravity which is all over this book. My imagination runs away with me, and I was deeply disgusted. There were several times that I almost put it away, but the nerd in me always has to finish a book. And then when I finally got to the last page the ending was a huge anti climatic let-down. Needless to say, don't read the book...maybe watch the show. And for me...on to the next [great] read. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook