Reading Corner

6:05:00 PM


It has been awhile since my last posting on a book, and I have read a few since then. Two of the books I have read over the holidays were really intriguing reads. I love historical fiction with a little bit of mystery involved, and both of these incorporate both of those themes.

The first book I read was The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.



Kate Morton is one of my favorite authors. She has written several wonderful books that have a lot of intrigue to them which makes the books hard to put down. This particular book just came out this year and circles around a family mystery told through the mother and her daughter. The daughter witnesses her mother kill a man while she is young but doesn't try to figure out the mystery until later in her life. There are a ton of great twists and turns that will keep you guessing on how this book ends. Rating: 5 Stars!

The second book I read was The Sherlockian by Graham Moore.


This book was also a great mystery. I'm sure you have heard of Sherlock Holmes and all the murder investigations involved with that character. In this book, there is a group of men called the Sherlockians who basically worship Sherlock Holmes and know all things related to the character. But the question is can they solve a mystery like Holmes when a man is mysteriously murdered and clues derived from the Sherlock Holmes stories are left behind. There are also wonderful twists and turns in this novel as well that will keep the reader guessing until the end. Rating: 5 Stars!

I recommend checking both books out! Happy Reading...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook